Welcome to Canon Pyon CE Academy.
We offer a warm and caring environment which enables children to feel safe and secure as they grow, learn and develop.
We believe that learning at our school is fun and exciting, challenging and rewarding. The foundation of our success is happy children, working hard in surroundings where everyone feels valued and with strong links to the local community. We hope you enjoy your visit!
Canon Pyon CE Academy is federated with the Herefordshire Marches Federation of Academies.
To arrange a visit and discover what everyone is talking about, or for more information contact us on 01432 830334 or email us.
Peter Box and Paul Whitcombe, Executive Headteachers.
At Canon Pyon CE Academy we believe that every child is entitled to enjoy his or her childhood. They should be valued for their individuality, culture and heritage. They should be encouraged to develop their full potential in a stimulating and caring environment, within the context of the Christian faith and underpinned by a shared commitment to Christian values, which are embedded throughout the life of the school.
We are proud that our Church Inspection in 2010 judged the provision made by the school for the children’s social, moral and spiritual development to be “Outstanding”.
It is our intention and hope that our nurturing will help the children to develop happily, healthily and safely, and we hope that when they leave they will take with them happy memories of their years with us.
- Communication lines are always open. We enjoy reading the weekly newsletter.
- A caring & nurturing environment.
- Staff have supported my children on many levels, not just academically.
- The older children help the younger children to settle in.
- A good well balanced approach to age group learning.
- Canon Pyon School always puts on a good nativity play, but this one was extra special. I would challenge any primary school in the land to do better justice to the theme and to its dramatic and musical enactment. Very well done, indeed!
- A true gem of a school. Pro-active and dynamic. Brilliant!!!
Year 6 chose Resilience because it relates to our SATS exams. We all tried really hard to work towards the level we would like to achieve, we never gave up.
We also chose Resilience because it reflects our school. We never give up on our school work, our goals and our friendships. By Maya