At Canon Pyon CE Academy we believe that every child is entitled to enjoy his or her childhood. They should be valued for their individuality, culture and heritage. They should be encouraged to develop their full potential in a stimulating and caring environment, within the context of the Christian faith.
We the staff, parents and governors aim to encourage every child in all aspects of learning by:
• Working together as a team
• Providing a balanced curriculum
• Ensuring smooth progression through the key stages
• Catering for all abilities
• Welcoming and including all comers
• Promoting curiosity and enthusiasm
• Encouraging independence and confidence
• Promoting logical and creative thinking
• Encouraging respect for others and personal self-esteem
• Providing an environment which is caring, stimulating and challenging
These are all underpinned by a shared commitment to Christian values, which are embedded throughout the life of the school.
It is our intention and hope that our nurturing will help the children to develop happily, healthily and safely, and we hope that when they leave they will take with them happy memories of their years with us.
We are part of the community of Church of England schools in Herefordshire and we also adhere to the Diocesan mission statement shown on the left tab of this page.
The school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and Diocesan level, in recognition of its historic foundations.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian beliefs and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
We encourage the growth of positive attitudes to work, and of kindness, consideration and respect for others.
We aim to develop in our children:
• enquiring minds
• spiritual and moral awareness
• understanding of the world around them, and appreciation of its beauty
• mental and physical health
• acceptance and respect for all in the school community, whatever their abilities, social or economic situation, culture or religion
• self-respect, self-discipline and self-control
• flexibility in learning habits suitable for a changing world
• self-motivation with the ability to work collaboratively
• readiness for the next stage of their lives, both at home and at school
Our school is committed to the principal of ‘investing in people’ which ensures that all staff play an active role in the running and development of the school. By meeting the training needs of all teaching and non-teaching staff the provision of good education for pupils is more readily achieved.
We promise to try our very best to:
• Be happy
• Play nicely together
• Look after each other
• Make our best better!
• Be polite to everyone
• Make Canon Pyon a school to be extremely proud of
• Welcome pupils and visitors
• Make Canon Pyon a place to learn
We also promise to care about our school being:
• Not wasteful!