A rich education is more than reading, writing and maths. It is about helping a child to grow into their full potential as aspirational, motivated and confident adults. As a Christian school we nurture children to work together with respect, to encourage others, endeavour to reach their full potential with self-belief in what they can achieve.
At Canon Pyon CE Academy our Christian distinctiveness impacts on the achievement of every child in its widest sense; to grow in mind, body and spirit as they form positive relationships with one another as they grow on their journey. It is our aim is for our children to be happy, well-motivated and develop a love of learning as they aim for excellence. This in turn ensures that they achieve their full potential academically, socially, physically and spiritually in a safe and loving environment. In partnership with parents, carers and our wider community we are committed to providing an inspirational education and environment that nourishes all children’s need.
We the staff, parents and governors aim to encourage every child in all aspects of learning by:
• Working together as a team
• Providing a balanced curriculum
• Ensuring smooth progression through the key stages
• Catering for all abilities
• Welcoming and including all comers
• Promoting curiosity and enthusiasm
• Encouraging independence and confidence
• Promoting logical and creative thinking
• Encouraging respect for others and personal self-esteem
• Providing an environment which is caring, stimulating and challenging
These are all underpinned by a shared commitment to Christian values, which are embedded throughout the life of the school.
It is our intention and hope that our nurturing will help the children to develop happily, healthily and safely, and we hope that when they leave they will take with them happy memories of their years with us.
We are part of the community of Church of England schools in Herefordshire and we also adhere to the Diocesan mission statement shown on the left tab of this page.
The school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and Diocesan level, in recognition of its historic foundations.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian beliefs and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Christian values are at the heart of our school and are integral to our whole school community; how we teach; how and what our children learn and ensures a sense of common purpose and mutual respect. We do this through our motto:
We encourage the growth of positive attitudes to work, and of kindness, consideration and respect for others.
We aim to develop in our children:
• enquiring minds
• spiritual and moral awareness
• understanding of the world around them and appreciation of it’s beauty
• mental and physical health
• acceptance and respect for all in the school community, whatever their abilities, social or economic situation, culture or religion
• self-respect, self-discipline and self-control
• flexibility in learning habits suitable for a changing world
• self-motivation with the ability to work collaboratively
• readiness for the next stage of their lives, both at home and at school